Last updated: August 29th, 2023
2. DATA WE COLLECT “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify you individually, including, without limitation, your name, email address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing. Personal Data also includes all data to which you provide us access, including, without limitation, all data you provide when you create an account on the Service, pictures of your artworks (if applicable), your name, biographical information, contact information, information about your home country and city, images depicting your artworks (if applicable), photographs of yourself, and any data relating to you or your artworks (if applicable) residing on any thirdparty webpages, sites, or applications located at URLs to which you are providing us access. We collect Personal Data as described below.
(a) INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US. When you use our Service, update your account profile, or contact us, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your email address, first and last name, geographical location, and other information you provide. If you provide us with feedback or contact us, we will collect your name and contact information, as well as any other content included in the message. We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Service where you voluntarily provide it or where we state that Personal Data is being collected.
(b) INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OUR SERVERS. To provide our Service and make it more useful to you, we (or a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including, but not limited to, your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, mobile device ID, blockchain address, wallet type, and date/time stamps.
(c) LOG FILES. As is true of most websites and applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Service, track users’ movements around the Service, and better tailor the Service to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Service, it will recognize you and the information can be used to personalize your experience.
(e) INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM THIRD PARTIES. We may receive Personal Data about you from companies that offer their products and/or services for use in conjunction with our Service or whose products and/or services may be linked from our Service. We may add this to the data we have already collected from or about you through our Service.
3. USE OF PERSONAL DATAWe process your Personal Data to run our business, provide the Service, personalize your experience on the Service, and improve the Service. Specifically, we may use your Personal Data to:
(a) identify you as a user in our internal system;
(b) provide you with the Service, including personalizing your experience and recommendations on the Service;
(c) improve the administration of our Service and quality of experience when you interact with our Service, including, but not limited to, by analyzing how you and other users find and interact with the Service;
(d) measure interest in and engagement with the Service;
(e) provide customer support and respond to your requests and inquiries;
(f) communicate with you about activities on our Service, your use of the Service, and changes to our Terms & Conditions and policies;
(g) pursue our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
(h) detect security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
(i) share information with third parties as needed to provide the Service;
(j) enforce our Terms & Conditions and policies, including investigating and addressing conduct that may violate the foregoing;
(k) send you administrative notifications, including, without limitation, security, support, and maintenance advisories;
(l) send you newsletters, promotional materials, and other notices related to the Service and/or third parties’ goods and services;
(m) comply with applicable laws, cooperate with investigations by law enforcement or other authorities of suspected violations of law, and/or to pursue or defend against legal threats and/or claims;
(n) create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the device from which you access our Service, or such other analyses we create;
(o) if you are an artist, publish information about you and your artworks for consideration by users of the Service;
(p) if you are an artist, in marketing by Company in connection with the Service generally;
(q) to manage and assure the integrity of financial transactions that occur over the Service, if any;
(r) to fulfill orders and purchases made over the Service, if any; and
(s) act in any other way we may describe when you provide the Personal Data.
(a) THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers to: provide technical infrastructure services; provide transactional support; conduct quality assurance testing; analyze how the Service is used; prevent, detect, and respond to unauthorized activities; provide technical and customer support; and/or to provide other support to us and to the Service.
(e) PROFESSIONAL ADVISORS. We may share Personal Data with our professional advisors such as lawyers and accountants where doing so is necessary to facilitate the services they render to us.
(f) OTHER DISCLOSURES. We may also disclose your Personal Data: to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide it; or with your consent.
5. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICESYou must always use caution when giving out any personal identifying information to other users or third-party linked websites and applications through the Service. The Service may contain links or functionality to access or use third-party websites (“Third-Party Websites”) and applications (“Third-Party Applications”), or otherwise display, include, or make available content, data, information, services, applications, or materials from third parties (“Third-Party Materials”). When you click on a link to, or access and use, a Third-Party Website or Third-Party Application, though we may not warn you that you have left the Service, you are subject to the terms and conditions (including privacy policies) of another website or destination, to the extent they exist. Such Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Applications, and Third-Party Materials are not under the control of Company. Company is not liable in connection with any Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Applications and Third-Party Materials. Company provides links to these Third-Party Websites and ThirdParty Applications only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Websites or Third-Party Applications, or their products or services or associated Third-Party Materials. You use all links in and to Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Applications, and Third-Party Materials at your own risk.
6. DATA SECURITY We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Data. However, no security measures are failsafe, and we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data. You use the Service at your own risk. In the event that any information under our custody and control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take steps to investigate and remediate the situation and, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised.
7. DELETION OF ACCOUNTS If you delete your account on the Service, you are hereby advised that all Personal Data associated with your account which has been maintained by us will be permanently deleted from the Service one (1) week after you delete your account, unless you first successfully reactivate it. You acknowledge that we are not obligated to hold and retain data (including, without limitation, personal data) held by any third parties, including, without limitation, Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Applications.
8. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION The Service is not directed to children under the age of 18 (or such other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may contact us using the “Contact Information” set forth below. If we learn that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it.
9. UAE USERSIf you are a user in the UAE, you have certain rights under the UAE Data Protection Law (Federal Decree-Law No. 45/2021) (“DPL”). As fully outlined in the DPL, these rights include the right to: (i) obtain information regarding your personal data; (ii) request transfer of personal data; (iii) request correction or erasure of personal data; (iv) restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances; (v) require that we stop processing your personal data in certain circumstances; and (vi) object to certain decisions regarding automated processing of personal data.
10. EUROPEAN AND UK USERSIf you are a user in the European Economic Area or United Kingdom, you have certain rights under the respective European and UK General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). These include the right to: (i) request access and obtain a copy of your personal data; (ii) request rectification or erasure; (iii) object to or restrict the processing of your personal data; and (iv) request portability of your personal data. Additionally, if we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
11. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTSIf you are a California resident, you have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). These include the right to (i) request access to, details regarding, and a copy of the personal information we have collected about you and/or shared with third parties; (ii) request deletion of the personal information that we have collected about you; and (iii) the right to opt-out of sale of your personal information. As the terms are defined under the CCPA, we do not “sell” your “personal information.”
12. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAWSIf you wish to exercise your rights under the DPL, GDPR, CCPA, or other applicable data protection or privacy laws, please contact us by using the “Contact Information” below, specifying your request, and referencing the applicable law. We may ask you to verify your identity or ask for more information about your request. We will consider and act upon any above request in accordance with applicable law. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. Please note that any withdrawal of consent to process your Personal Data will only take effect for future processing and will not affect the lawfulness of processing before said withdrawal.
13. OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONSWe may send you communications concerning our products and services, as well as those of third parties. You may opt out of promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in said communications.
14. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERSAll Personal Data processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your Personal Data consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
16. CONTACT INFORMATIONYou may contact us with enquiries at g m @ D i r e c t o r y . a r t